Friday, July 10, 2009

Cousin Annabel






I think we were nine when Annabel and I became pen pals. Her Grandmother was visiting our family in Oregon and she mentioned she had a granddaughter in England that was my age and that we should write to each other. There were lots of letters, Birthday and Christmas cards sent over the years. Now remember back then there was no email, no facebook just old fashion stationary. She lived many many miles away in England but that didn't stop us from becoming fast friends. We did get to meet face to face in '97 when I was on a family vacation in London. I think it was dinner at Pizza Hut. Now in 2009 this April we had an opportunity to spend a week together. I loved it! We took her to BYU campus, to Temple Square, to Sundance, to Thanksgiving Point and to Park City. A very full and busy week! Annabel and I are not just pen pals, we're family! Thank you Annabel for the most wonderful week. I love you!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! I'm sad the art of pen pals is dying out. That was such a highlight when I was little.
I'm so excited to see your blog up to date! :) Keep it up.